I can not include a specific library version, while using the web ide in neither in Safari, Chrome or Firefox, with cache deleted, no blockers and not even in a private window (chrome inkognito without blocking cookies).
Steps in Web-IDE:
- Create new App called TestMe and click save
- Choose libraries and write “pub” and choose PublishQueueAsyncRK
- Click the “i” and choose version 0.2.0
Now it stays “Loading” forever …
On Mac OS OS 10.15.5, Safari 13.1.1, Chrome 90.0.4430.212 (x86_64), Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit)
I have seen the many earlier posts on the topic and not found a solution.
Please let me know if you have found a way to do this.
Hi @thrmttnw - I can reproduce the issue and our Engineering team will take a look. In the meantime, are you able to use Workbench as a workaround?
Thank you for the quick reply.
I have taken an older App already including these, and have replace the code section with newer code, while storing the older code in a new App with the old name (without libraries) … it works but is messy and killing my “version history”.
(Working with multiple systems, I appreciate the Web IDE’s of this world for not having to maintain all the tool chains).
Still not working - this is not a way to live - any ETA on this?
Hi @thrmttnw - it seems this particular version of this library is not loading in the browser / webIDE due to its file size. I don’t believe this particular version can be supported moving forward for this reason. While we are examining the UI issue (not throwing any error), the underlying blocker to you will not.
Workbench would be the recommended workaround for this particular version of this library, or using the more modern version of this library would be recommended. Sorry about the bad news here, I understand this is not the desired outcome.
@marekparticle, I just recently asked @rickkas7 to fix the posting of another library due to many of the files not being relevant to the library. The library itself is just two files plus a few examples! Perhaps @rickkas7 can take a look.
I fixed the problem earlier in the LocalTimeRK library, but it’s actually the exact same problem. If you have a directory named more-examples, it uploads it as part of the library so there are piles and piles of files that cause the WebIDE to time out when loading.
Version 0.2.4 of PublishQueueAsyncRK doesn’t have the extra files in the library. They’re still in Github.
Thank you for taking a look. Will load this version of the files manually, and manually check they are the same version.
The desired outcome is to be able to continue building the first stable configuration, we spent months (with you) to get to. It is paramount to be able to run with a well testet configuration, until a newer version has passed long term testing.
When the IDE destructively retire a library version, due to the same size it has had all along, loading fine for months, it is experienced as a meaningless thing for an IDE to do.
I am a big fan of Web IDE’s including this one, so please take this as a vote for actively maintaining it.
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.