Hard fault when connecting to Particle Cloud and serial problems with new and old firmware apps and tinker

As of right now it would appear to be an intermittent problem that is affecting me and my colleague who is working on an Electron 3G.

It would randomly connect to the cloud and drop out. I have tinker flashed to it so i should be able to monitor it remotely. It was connected when I left 1/2 hour ago and now is not… as I wrote that it is back again.

I think the documentation surrounding “Hard Fault” and the other SOS codes in general is seriously lacking… “hard fault” has been described in other forum threads as a memory leak, however in this case it is clearly also thrown by a network related error.

I’m guessing that the inability to use particle identify or particle serial identify has something to do with this as well, perhaps because of a blocking function in a core module (trying to deal with network error and thus unable to report the device ID, IMEI info etc to Particle CLI).

Come to think of it, a dirty SIM card could indeed be to blame (can’t read SIM card info so times out in Particle CLI)… I’ll try cleaning it tomorrow @Pleb