TL;DR Yesterday i was using Particle Dev and creating new builds and everything was fine, then on one flash, the Particle Dev stopped responding, and the program that was flashed seemed to be a previous build, not the latest one. It was in a loop where it flashed, showed the initial screen for a few secs and then flashed again, over and over. I realized I may have run out of memory 60K+ and tried to restart Particle Dev, It would not respond, restarts, even reboots and re-installs have not fixed it. I decided to move to the CLI environment and do some memory management in the code and got the .bin down to about 40K. When I flashed it, it seemed to work with this message:
attempting to flash firmware to your device xxxmydevicenamexxxt
Flash device OK: Update started
Then no further message of success or failure, just the command prompt. (I can’t remember if this is normal or not, but in any case, the Photon looks like it is dutifully flashing new binary but it is not a new one (I introduced new strings to the display to be sure).
So the CLI acts like it is fine but does not give me a proper flash.
Particle Dev is not responding (It responds to a point after reinstalling but it only gives the PartiDev menu and does nothing else including load files.
I tried to flash Tinker and succeeded but then I tried to flash from the CLI again and it acted like it was doing it but the “new” flash was tinker, not the bin I was sending.
I used the Web IDE just in case, and I reset the cache. I successfully flashed the blink LED example program and now my photon flashes the led, so that is working.
Also, I have logged out of the CLI and back in again a few times, I uninstalled Particle Dev and reinstalled it. node.js woks as does nvm.
It just seems like there is something that is between my windows PC and the cloud that in preventing a flash or just not responding.
Sorry for the long windedness here but I have been trying to fix it myself and feel I am out of tools.