So after reading the blog post by particle that LTE-M is now availble in Canada (where I am), I got a Boron LTE-M model. I’m trying to set one of this up and seem to be running into some issues:
- When setting up the Boron device via the mobile app, I seem to keep getting a failed to send bluetooth message after choose to not use the device in a mesh network (i.e. stand alone). Now the app seems to not work even on my other Boron devices but this is a seperate issue and lets focus on what comes after.
- So since the app doesn’t seem to like me, I tried setting up the Boron device myself manually. I’ve done this with a few other Boron 2G/3G devices and this seems to work fine. Steps are as as follows:
- I first updated my device to the latest and greatest device OS (1.4.0 at the moment)
- Connect device through a ethernet featherwing and get internet connectivity via ethernet
- On CLI use the command
particle identifyto get the device ID
- On CLI use
particle add device <ID>to claim the device
- The device should now be yours and you can use it regularly since you have connection via ethernet
All is well until I try to add the SIM to my account:
- Now here I would typically register the SIM card to my account using https://setup.particle.io/, however I noticed that
particle identifydoes not return and ICCID for the device which puzzeled me.
- I even tried using the sample code provided here https://docs.particle.io/reference/device-os/firmware/boron/#command- for the
cellular.commandfunction to read the ICCID from the ublox. However the ICCID is not found. This code works on Boron 2G/3G devices.
So the question I have is really…
- Do Boron LTE-M device have a particle SIM built in just like the 2G/3G devices? I would assume so.
- If there is an e-sim in built, how do I get the ICCID?
Particle Post - https://blog.particle.io/2019/09/10/expanded-lte-m1-connectivity/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTnpNNU9EUmpOemxsWlRRMCIsInQiOiJQcmRJeWFqZ1N1VzM4eHVDOVwvdHcxNzJ3RlNXVUY2cXVNNnAycHo3UXB2WUp2SWJuTlU4dlI3aUVXRkdDeEpGWWRxXC84VUNcL3lEYk9NRTJFbjBaa0RHWloyQWtmUXg0Mlh0ZTBDUWExUURQVFg4akN0eTNkOGRWd0xsVEh1M1J0RSJ9