Electron breathing white, then breathing blue and then flashing blue

I have an Electron that’s been in the field for a year or so running 0.7.0. It went offline last night at 1AM and I found it breathing white. I reset it and it goes through a long period of breathing white, then breathing blue and then flashing blue. I’ve tried particle doctor, but with no success. It is on a Particle SIM and has been for months. Thoughts/suggestions?

Also, when I do a particle identify, it does not show a IMEI or ICCID – just the device ID.

Have you taken the SIM out and put it back in?
Could it be some bad contact on the SIM holder?

I currently have a unit in the same state as @ctmorrison. I am currently using a E-Series LTE (R410M) and have tried numerous troubleshooting methods. The software that was running on this specific device is currently running on ~50 other E-Series devices. I have tried flashing other code including tinker with no luck. I have also tried running particle doctor and also no luck. As @ScruffR mentioned for a possible solution will only be for external SIM. Could the internal E-SIM be damaged or corrupted?

I’m also curious to get an answer on this, as I’ve recently had two brand new 3G Electron’s fail in the field this way. I have yet to get them back, but my field technician did quite a bit of work to clean the SIM, make sure contacts were OK, etc.

Does breathing dark blue then flashing dark blue have any other meaning than SIM card issue?

1 Like

—I typed this a long time ago, but never submitted it. Doing that now simply to close the issue from my perspective.

Removed the SIM a couple times, wiped it off and re-inserted with no luck. I put in another SIM with no change. The radio must have gone bad, I’m assuming. Another device for the bone pile – actually, there have been very few, considering

Found this issue, but I’m not sure it has a clear resolution… If I’m reading this correctly flashing blue means sim is bad or modem is bad. Seems like these could be different flash patterns?

@Jeffrey I’ve had this issue occur on three E-Series 3G (E310) devices with e-sim. Particle has replaced all of them for me after I ran a quick diagnostic using: https://github.com/rickkas7/electron-clouddebug

The unfortunate part for me is that the devices were already in the field.

I thought this was a isolated issue the 1st time, but after seeing this post I’m not so sure.

1 Like