Electron blinking blue [Solved]

I have 2 electrons, each have the same code loaded to them.
One works fine, but the other will blink blue. I have to power it down and turn it back on and then hit the reset button for it to work. It will work for about 6 hours and then it will flash blue. I have to power it down and power it back on then reset it again.
I am using the asset tracker with a 3g electron with the asset tracker code running.

Thanks

Have a check if the SIM sits properly.
Sometimes the contacts are not springy enough so that temperature, humidity or other environmental changes can make the SIM lose contact, forcing the device into Setup/Listening Mode.
You can maybe gently bend the contacts up with a needle and push the holder bracket down a bit to ensure better contacts.

Also doublecheck the antenna to sit properly and not make contact with other parts of the device (especially the surface of the connector).

1 Like

How rapid is this blue blinking? I don’t know if you’ve had a look at this page, but it gives you an indication of what the LED colour/patterns mean. It’s a basic answer I know, but it actually took me a while to stumble across this resource!

1 Like

Also, check that you haven’t damaged your ‘mode’ pin, and it’s see-sawing on the contacts, such that the smallest vibration could trigger the programming mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I bent the sim contacts out with a safety pins and so far so good.

1 Like