Disappointed in Particle

Hey @friedl_1977 thanks for your response. As of now our system sends data over the cloud to an existing access control system stored off site, we are currently working on a system like the one you describe with a local DB on an SD card. While this solution would take care of a lot of our problems, there are other factors that make this situation less than ideal right now. Reports of people having issues getting photons on and off along with this Are Particle Photons going away any time soon?
As well as the Argon not being set up for any kind of product use at this time makes me leary of moving forward. The least concern, although still very important for a system like this is that a lack of reliable cloud communication means that there will be a time when my customers can’t update their stored credentials. This means people who have left the facility will still have access and those who have come in new don’t have access until the issue is resolved, in this case I believe a couple of weeks.

2 Likes