Device stuck in 'Listening Mode' after starting - WiFi Connection Issue - Argon 1.5.2 - 2.0.0-rc2

Hi,
Every time I restart the device or flash new application firmware, the device goes into ‘Listening Mode (blinking blue)’. I have empty setup() and loop() method. After some troubleshooting, it appears there is an issue with the WiFi connection functionality. While the device is blinking blue, I run ‘particle serial wifi’ to setup WiFi connection. The device restarts and connects to my WiFi and Particle Cloud (I see the Console Events). But, once I flash new application firmware, the device restarts and gets stuck in ‘Listening Mode’ again (waited many minutes). I re-run process to enter ‘particle serial wifi’ and enter WiFi settings/credentials again. Device connects again, but I must repeat this each time I flash new code.

I have tried with DeviceOS 1.5.2, 1.5.4-rc1, 2.0.0-rc2.

I have also tried to manually set WiFi in setup() method. I’ve set SYSTEM_MODE(MANUAL) and then followed documentation to https://docs.particle.io/reference/device-os/firmware/argon/#setcredentials- to manually set the WiFi credentials and then connect the WiFi. But this is where it gets stuck in ‘Listening Mode’ again. It never connects correctly.

Can you run a particle serial inspect on the device and post the output?
You can also try particle usb setup-done.
After that clear the WiFi creds by holding MODE for 10+ seconds till seeing rapid blue flashing and then run particle serial wifi to enter new credentials.

1 Like

Platform: 12 - Argon
Modules
Bootloader module #0 - version 1003, main location, 49152 bytes max size
Integrity: PASS
Address Range: PASS
Platform: PASS
Dependencies: PASS
System module #1 - version 1102
System module #1 - version 1512, main location, 671744 bytes max size
Bootloader module #0 - version 501
Radio stack module #0 - version 202
User module #1 - version 6, main location, 131072 bytes max size
UUID: 5DE1045E07708DDBB0329ECF42620F65CBADA2BFCCA0F9249022F7F0EA47ADFB
System module #1 - version 1512
NCP module #0 - version 5, main location, 1536000 bytes max size
Radio stack module #0 - version 202, main location, 192512 bytes max size

Same issue. I held MODE button for 10+ seconds until rapidly flashing blue. The device then went into Listening Mode again. I ran the WiFi setup again. It then connected to WiFi. Once I un-plugged and plugged back in, the device went back into Listening Mode again and never connects.

Just to make sure, have you ran particle usb setup-done?

1 Like

Bingo! Running particle usb setup-done resolved the issue. I can now un-plug or flash new application firmware and during reset the device connects to WiFi automatically.

Awesome. Thanks so much.

1 Like