Argon returns to listen mode after reset, seems to forget Wifi credentials

I just pulled this Argon out of the box and am having trouble getting it to work properly. After claiming the device, I updated the firmware using “particle update” on the CLI. The device went back into listen mode, so I added wifi credentials again with “particle serial wifi”, and the device connected to wifi. I then flashed new firmware for my application to the device using the web IDE. This worked, but when the device reset after receiving the firmware, it went into listen mode instead of connecting to wifi. It appears to have forgotten the wifi credentials I entered. I can add the wifi credentials again, but every time the device resets, it goes back to listen mode.

Have you setup the device via the mobile app?
If not, the Argon needs to be told whether it should be running a mesh network or not - in your case I guess it’s the latter - after that it will get the “setup done” flag set by the app.

You can also set that flag by running this code once

#include "Particle.h"
#include "dct.h"
SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC);

void setup() {
    const uint8_t val = 0x01;
    dct_write_app_data(&val, DCT_SETUP_DONE_OFFSET, 1);

// This is just so you know the operation is complete
    pinMode(D7, OUTPUT);
    digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);
}
1 Like

I was not able to complete the setup within the particle app; the app kept throwing errors and would not finish. I ended up claiming the device using the web IDE. Running the suggested code appears to have solved the issue of entering listen mode on startup. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.