Dashboard visibility to Variables and access to Functions

I presently use the Particle Dev app to be able to see the state of my various devices and/or run a function.

I also can use the Porter app on my iPhone to do this.

Is there any plans to add this functionality to the Dashboard? It is a lot easier than the command line!

Does anyone else have an alternative easy method?

I built this some time ago for that exact purpose: http://jordymoors.nl/interface

4 Likes

yep, that is what I meant…

I’m building in some functionality that will create some “Global” commands to all of my devices. For example, I am managing whether devices are reporting to my Pushover service for more/less updates, depending on what I’m working on.

Getting a few devices in front of me allows for faster debugging.

Thanks Jordy, nice work.

1 Like

@BulldogLowell, you can also look at the Oak Dashboard. Keep in mind that it is open source. :smiley:

3 Likes

@BulldogLowell Oak Dasboard works good. I also found that Mobicle.io has a lot of features, such as seeing variables, buttons and control of functions with arguments. Control Everything is writing it, it is free and open source. Mobicle GitHub

3 Likes

As the guy behind Porter, I just wanted to make sure folks knew that the new version of Porter runs in desktop web browsers as well as a mobile app. (And, provides access to your event history, with event-trigged notifications coming soon).

It won’t be a free or open-source service; but, it is free during the current preview and development period. I’m happy to provide folks with access, just drop me a message.

It’s good to know that being able execute a function across multiple devices would be useful. While we’ve got plenty of features on our to do list, we’re always looking for ways to make Porter better.

2 Likes

Would this be function calls, or more appropriately perhaps, event listeners?

I saw my way easily to event listeners, but being able to broadcast a call to a function on a group of devices would be sweet.,.,

I’m a user… a big fan actually. I particularly like how it presents my JSON data in String variables in-app.

1 Like