Just wondering if anyone else has attempted to set up new 2G/3G Borons recently (Nov 2019). I’ve set up a bunch of Borons (both LTE-M and 2G/3G) before and they worked fine and still continue to work fine.
However recently I cracked open some new kits and even a x50 tray of Boron 2G/3G and tried setting up 3-5 devices with no luck. I’ve managed to register and activate the SIMs to my account but the Borons would never connect successfully (i.e. blink green forever)
Somethings to note:
- All devices were updated via
particle updateto OS 1.4.2
- Tinker app was also reinstalled via
particle flash --usb tinker
- SIMs were all actvated sucessfully (i.e. got e-mail confirmation)
- Antennas and batteries were plugged in
- I’ve waited a few hours for them to connect, even waited a couple of days incase the SIM carrier takes awhile to activate the SIMs
- Yes I do have cell connection, powered up a previously set up Boron 2G/3G device and it connects within a few seconsd of booting up
I’ve also contacted particle with Boron debug logs. Waiting to hear back. But in the mean time, just wondering if its just me.