Cloud IDE now fails to compile or compiles very slowly

After successfully writing and compiling code for several weeks, I can no longer compile.

Starting a few days ago the IDE page responds with “Compiling code…”, then nothing happens for ~ 2 minutes. I then get a message saying either that the server failed to process the request on time or there was a server error.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what can I do to fix it.

Can you confirm “verify” works for you? (I just tried and the app compiled in a few seconds.)

I guess I should have said Verify rather than Compile. The button says Verify, but the message at the bottom of the screen says Compiling.

Hi @jskene

I had something similar once and the solution was to use Chrome in Incognito mode. Something was stuck in the browser cache and clearing cookies etc. didn’t help.

1 Like

Hi @jskene,

Can you refresh / logout / log back in to the build IDE? It’s possible your access token has expired?

Thanks,
David

1 Like

I am having the same issue. web IDE will not verify/compile the blink-an-led example in any browser

It seems that github is currently experiencing a DDoS attack, since Spark uses some of those systems, I’m afraid we’re also affected. I’m not sure if there much that can be done against this until github gets fully operational again, but at least you know what might be causing the issues. Hopefully it gets solved quickly!

Hey All,

Looking into this now, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Okay, give it a whirl now, sorry about that! I think the DDOS attack on Github impacted us, but it shouldn’t have, I’ll look into why we were impacted.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Seems to be working again. It says it compiled successfully, so I’ll trust that.
Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Yep seems to be working for me now too, thanks!

1 Like

Nerco-bump. This is happening to me - I hit verify and minutes go by with “Compiling code…” I was getting weird errors before that about memory low and did clear cache a bunch…