CLI Flash Error - Invalid Version

On Tracker SoM, device OS 5.3.0, flashing locally gives me the following error:

:::: STARTING FLASH

:::: NOTICE:
:::: Your first flash may take up to 10m to complete - during
:::: this time, your device may regularly change LED states
:::: as Device OS upgrades are applied.
Flashing tracker [redacted]
Invalid version. Must be a string. Got type "object".
make[1]: *** [C:\Users\[redacted]\.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.15.0\Makefile:167: flash-app] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/d/workspace/[redacted]/smartfin/smartfin-fw3'
make: *** [C:\Users\[redacted]\.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.15.0\Makefile:111: flash-user] Error 2

*  The terminal process "C:\Users\[redacted]\.particle\toolchains\buildtools\1.1.1\bin\bash.exe '-c', 'make -f 'C:\Users\[redacted]\.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.15.0\Makefile' flash-user'" terminated with exit code: 2. 
 *  Press any key to close the terminal.

This persists after deleting ~/.particle and reinstalling the Particle toolchains. This was working correctly as of 2023-09-12T14:46-07:00, as I was able to build and flash my project to the TSoM eval board.

System info:
Win10.0.19045 Edu
CPU: AMD Ryzen9 3950x
VS Code 1.82.2
Workbench Core: v1.16.9

Does anyone have insight into how to resolve this? I've been noticing a lot of issues with the toolchains not quite updating themselves completely lately and breaking, but this feels different.

To get things working, I deleted ~/AppData/Local/particle, ~/.particle, reinstalled the workbench, and logged back in to Particle. I suspect logging in did the trick, since it didn't work prior to that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.