Not sure if a new Workbench bug, but chasing subject issue and finally found a work-around but don’t understand what’s going on…
Already tried these as described in prior thread here (and as shown in screenshoot below):
- ‘clean app and OS (local)’
- ‘reload window’
- 'build app and OS (local)
Even tried to start a new build task (new VS Code makefile?) as shown here:
- Able to ‘particle flash --usb tinker’ from CLI (which works), then back to local compile/flash custom firmware but NOGO (again, appears to work but ‘wrong’ firmware)
- Fun fact, opening ‘particle serial monitor’ in CLI in cmd window separate from Workbench right after a flash actually crashes the computer (blue screen of death), not sure if a weird interaction?
- Side question, why is your app called ‘firmware’ and Particle firmware called ‘OS’?
FINALLY, found that ‘cloud compile’ and either a ‘local flash’ (type in the name of the .bin) or ‘cloud flash’ works. But why?