Can't perform Local Flash all of a sudden

Trying to load a project onto a locally connected Argon, connected via USB. I have never had a problem loading this project. Today, all of a sudden, VS Code refuses to load the device.

:::: PUTTING DEVICE INTO DFU MODE

!   Error in particle-cli:
 !   Cannot find module 'xtend'
Require stack:
- C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\settings.js    
- C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\dist\app\cli.js
- C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\dist\index.js  
- C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\particle\[eval]
 !   See C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\particle\error.log for more info.

:::: FLASHING APPLICATION & DEVICE OS

^^^ this eventually fails.

The code does compile, though it takes forever to compile.

I noticed when I started VS Code today, it looked like it was spinning doing some kind of update for a while.

I also noticed this line by itself in the “Output” tab of VS code, I’ve never seen this before and wonder if it is related.

[5/3/2021, 5:15:31 PM] For C++ source files, IntelliSenseMode was changed from "windows-gcc-x64" to "windows-gcc-arm" based on compiler args and querying compilerPath: "C:\Users\Kevin\.particle\toolchains\gcc-arm\9.2.1\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe"

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @kkeng - mind following the troubleshooting steps here? Troubleshooting Particle Workbench – Particle Support

Most critical would be to ensure you can compile & flash a blank sketch.