Can´t connect to network with hidden SSID from iOS app

When connecting to hidden SSID network from an iOS device, after filling the credentials the process always fails.

HI @CBecker,

Could you provide more details? Have you connected before? What color do you see on the LED status? Thanks.

KT
Particle Technical Support

We are using a photon wifi module. In the app we set manually the network name, input the password and in the process of setup of the device it always fails when configuring the Wifi credentials. The status LED keeps blinking in blue during the whole process.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Argon setCredentials not working as expected

Any news on this issue?
Thanks!

Would you mind downloading and installing WiFi Cloud Debug (link) onto the device?

Upon doing so, please send me about ~10 minutes or so of logs produced by the device while it’s having trouble connecting with the Cloud.

The best way to produce these logs is with particle serial monitor --follow in the Terminal of your choice (Mac - Terminal, Windows - cmd.exe, etc…) after installing the Particle CLI.

The Cloud Debug link provides installation instructions, but I’m happy to walk you through the process step-by-step if you like! Please note the de-installation instructions contained within this link.

Cloud debug will give me a lot of insight into the state the device thinks it is in - be it an issue with the network, a system or application firmware issue, a problem with the network coprocessor on the device, etc…

Hi @CBecker , What version of OS are you using?
I found on the Argon that any version above 1.5 OS and the Hidden SSID didn’t work. I am using OS 1.4.1
FYI @particle7888