Boron Unresponsive to Cloud Commands

I have a set of Borons that I recently configured and flashed my code on that have become unresponsive to cloud commands. The light is breathing cyan and the Console is showing that everything is healthy, however the moment I send a cloud command the Boron becomes unresponsive. I wasn't sure if something was wrong with my code, so I went ahead and used the Device Restore over USB tool to reset the devices. However, even with the default Tinker firmware running, the board still becomes unresponsive if I attempt to turn on a pin from the particle app. It also fails to respond to ping requests or signal commands from the console. Is there a way to perform a deeper reset? I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Hey @Paul_B - can you DM me a few Device IDs?

@Baz -- after DMing with Paul this looks like One Way Command Failure. Mind connecting with him and taking a look?

1 Like

@Baz @marekparticle I am having same issue as poster. Boron Unresponsive to Cloud Commands. It would be nice to share the solutions in the forum posts.

@jalbersr - mind taking a look?

1 Like

Hi @Cortez and future readers!

This type of issue is something odd and very rare that has multiple possible sources and requires a personalized investigation on multiple levels of the service.

The mentioned one-way issue has the following symptoms:

• The device LED is breathing cyan.
  • The device can publish to the cloud without issues.
  • The cloud can ping and reach the device in the first ~10s after the device publishes something to the cloud.
  • The cloud can´t ping or reach the device in any way after that time.

If you experience this kind of issue, please let me know and I will gladly help. You just need to DM me including the following:

• Device ID
  • The mail account used to log in the particle console
  • Your approximate location
  • If possible install device doctor, open your serial console with the particle CLI by running particle serial monitor --follow, reset your device, and get ~10 minutes of logs
  • If possible and available, a snapshot of your device's last vitals. We look for the cell global identity.
1 Like