Asset Tracker v2 - Active GPS antenna

Hi.

I’m looking for recommendations for an active external GPS antenna which is really small.

I’ve been testing the asset tracker v2 with the on-board GPS antenna and its quite useless in its current state as it takes too long to get a position ( and i’m trying only power it up for the smallest amount of time )

I bought an external antenna from amazon and this is great - gets a position with 10 seconds…

But size is everything and i’m trying to find one which is smaller…

However this project may make it to been created on its own PCB - would i be able to replace the current GPS antenna with a more powerful one?? If so any recommendations

Thanks

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

Can you post a link to your current external antenna? Small is relative and we don’t know how small you have it now.

Hello
Good point
This is the one i currently have

these are available : https://uk.farnell.com/maxtena/mia-gps-12/ant-embedded-gps-active-12mm/dp/2281634?gross_price=true&CATCI=pla-336024416143&CAAGID=14406255429&CMP=KNC-GUK-GEN-SHOPPING-ALLPRODGROUPS&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwuO3cBRAyEiwAzOxKss_9sSbP8e69eFaRST28KhBVbuOfzYKsnGTY9xz97pPVMPs4TJ958xoCKGkQAvD_BwE&CAWELAID=120173390000388911

But looking for recommendations and advice about if i do go to a proper production device - can i can UPGRADE the antenna to something which may be more useable.

Thanks