Assembly line testing and programming

I’m not sure how everyone is handling their manufacturing process, but here’s what I came up with.

My device uses a photon and has the USB exposed so I was able to reuse a lot from the Particle CLI.

My contract manufacturer has some laptops running XP so those to run a simple sinatra server. It receives requests via URLS and sends CLI commands, flashes firmware, and writes results to a local sqlite database. It involves some trickery but I’m able to set the device’s SSID and verify it as well.

Here’s what it looks like in action:

Here’s the basic server code. It could definitely use some refactoring and reworking to be more generic, but I hacked it together in a weekend and it seems to be doing the job. I’d be happy to explain more and share some of the view code if anybody would find it helpful.

3 Likes

@chap this looks awesome! Does this also claim the new photons?

Edit: just looked at the code and it appears to do this too.

1 Like

@chap, my team and I are interested in what you did, is there any additional information that you can share with me for us to try this out?

@wesner0019 cool, would be happy to share the views and such. I’ll send you a PM.

I’m in the middle of my production run so I don’t have time to package everything nice enough for public release, but hope to return to that later.