Argon data to local computer

Hello, I am in the middle of a project that I only get to spend short and sporadic time on so I need some quick insight. based on this article, SmartHive, I am trying to add some sensors to my beehives. Not all of the components they have listed are available anymore so I’m trying to replicate as much as I can. In lieu of their wireless controller I purchased a Particle Argon to allow me to tie into my home network. I have it connected to the wifi but I can’t seem to find any articles, documentation or tutorials that point out how to log data to a local computer. Everything seems to talk about using the cloud, which if necessary, would work but isn’t how I want to set it up.
Also, is the Argon the correct device to use in this situation?
Any pointers, tips and advice is greatly welcomed.

I would recommend a Cloud logging system which is similar to syslog called PaperTrail. There’s a library for it too.

If you have to have something local you could use syslog or of you’re storing vales take a look at mqtt. You could then use something like Grafana to graph the results over time.

You could also install a local instance of Thingsboard.io on a raspberry PI and use MQTT library to send telemetry to it - pretty easy and quick to do and it has built in graphical dashboards and a node based rules engine with connectors to email etc

@shanevanj, Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll take a look at Thingsboard.io.

@JumpMaster, thank you for the suggestion. I would like to avoid using a cloud solution if I can but if that is the best solution I’ll see what I can do. With cloud providers you never know when they’ll close and take your data with them, or worse sell it to another company that may not align with my privacy concerns.

David