Xenon wakeup time

xenon
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe22311a258>

Hi,
Can you please let me know the time xenon takes to wake up from deep sleep mode and normal sleep mode?

Is it not working as expected?

It’s is taking some milli seconds. I wanted to know what’s the expected wakeup time

How are you measuring this time and what do you mean by ‘some’ milli seconds?

Hi,
I used something like this.
t1 = millis();
SLEEP(,10s);
t2 = millis();
wakeuptime = (t2-t1) - 10s;

I got wakeuptime somewhere around 100-120ms

I don’t know whether its the actual wakeup time or I calculated it by mistake

If you are using SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED) and/or are not connected to any network your code should start execution a bit quicker.

However, the millis() counter will most likely not count exact during the sleep period.

And SLEEP(,10s); this would want some clarification as it looks like pseudo code.

I think @ScruffR has hit a couple of nails on their heads;

1. Using millis() isn’t that accurate and especially whilst in sleep, actually, it is not accurate at all - so I am not sure I’d believe that wakeup time.
  2. Going to sleep takes a little bit of time depending upon what is going on and so does waking up and also can take much longer if trying to reconnect.

True, on the Boron I was not able to get into Sleep Stop mode without using the following code. Not sure if it’s required on the Xenon also?

bool HaveWeTurnedOffModemYet = 0;

if (HaveWeTurnedOffModemYet == 0) {disconnectFromParticle();}
  //disconnectFromParticle(); / This by it's self works for putting Boron into System.sleep mode. 1mA Sleep. 
  System.sleep({}, {}, 60); // Put the device into stop mode with wakeup using RISING edge interrupt on D1 pin or wakeup after 60 seconds whichever comes first

bool disconnectFromParticle()
{
  Particle.disconnect();
  waitFor(notConnected, 15000);                                     
  Cellular.off();
  delay(2000);                                                    
  return true;
  HaveWeTurnedOffModemYet = 1;
}

bool notConnected() {
  return !Particle.connected();                             
}