Verify error: No space left on device

Is the build server out of space? I’m consistently getting this error on verify as of 15 minutes ago:

/tmp/ccmwKTKy.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccmwKTKy.s: Fatal error: can’t write Spark-lib/Spark-lib.o: No space left on device
/tmp/ccmwKTKy.s: Fatal error: can’t close Spark-lib/Spark-lib.o: No space left on device

1 Like

Same here for a default new app, accompanied by #warning:

In file included from ../inc/spark_wiring.h:29:0,
from ../inc/application.h:29,
from test.cpp:2:
../../core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc/config.h:12:2: warning: #warning "Defaulting to Release Build" [-Wcpp]
#warning "Defaulting to Release Build"
^
/tmp/cce7Usj1.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cce7Usj1.s: Fatal error: can't write test.o: No space left on device
/tmp/cce7Usj1.s: Fatal error: can't close test.o: No space left on device
make: *** [test.o] Error 1

Same for me as of two minutes ago

I am getting the same thing

I’m experiencing the same issue. Also noticed that the video on the background of spark homepage stopped working at the same time. Is there any way to escalate this to spark technical support?

I noticed that I get the same result even with an empty skeleton spark file,just empty void setup() and void loop().

from temperature.cpp:4:
../../core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc/config.h:12:2: warning: #warning "Defaulting to Release Build" [-Wcpp]
^
temperature.cpp:9:1: fatal error: error writing to /tmp/ccoxRosw.s: No space left on device

^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [temperature.o] Error 1

Error: Could not compile. Please review your code.

Same issue here, but sometimes not even saying this. Just a plain error, check your code.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

This has in fact happened before and is a server side compliation problem. @Dave help fixed it last time. Garbage collection time? :smile:

I have the same problem even tried blink the same thing.

Hey guys,

We deployed new firmware / a software update on the compile server recently, I’m clearing up space now, and looking into what broke. Sorry!

Thanks,
David

Okay, fixed, sorry about the downtime! A change in the firmware repo impacted some assumptions made by the compile-server, and it allowed some build artifacts to accumulate. I’ve updated the server to expect this now but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Thanks a bunch it is working great again.

1 Like

on my end it is still not working, same error message:

Error: Could not compile. Please review your code.

And nothing else :frowning: (Same code is working from another saved app.)

Sorry guys, quick update, it dropped this one now, just in case if it helps:

from ats-td.cpp:2:
^
In file included from ../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/evnt_handler.h:38:0,
from ../inc/spark_wlan.h:33,
from ../inc/main.h:38,
from ../inc/spark_utilities.h:30,
from ../inc/spark_wiring.h:33,
../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/socket.h:146:0: warning: "fd_set" redefined [enabled by default]
#define fd_set _types_fd_set_cc3000
^
In file included from /opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/stdio.h:47:0,
from ats-td.cpp:1:
/opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/sys/types.h:256:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define fd_set _types_fd_set
^
In file included from ../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/evnt_handler.h:38:0,
../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/socket.h:162:0: warning: "FD_SET" redefined [enabled by default]
#define FD_SET(fd, fdsetp) __FD_SET (fd, fdsetp)
^
/opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/sys/types.h:258:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
# define FD_SET(n, p) ((p)->fds_bits[(n)/NFDBITS] |= (1L << ((n) % NFDBITS)))
^
../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/socket.h:163:0: warning: "FD_CLR" redefined [enabled by default]
#define FD_CLR(fd, fdsetp) __FD_CLR (fd, fdsetp)
^
/opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/sys/types.h:259:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
# define FD_CLR(n, p) ((p)->fds_bits[(n)/NFDBITS] &= ~(1L << ((n) % NFDBITS)))
^
../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/socket.h:164:0: warning: "FD_ISSET" redefined [enabled by default]
#define FD_ISSET(fd, fdsetp) __FD_ISSET (fd, fdsetp)
^
/opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/sys/types.h:260:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
# define FD_ISSET(n, p) ((p)->fds_bits[(n)/NFDBITS] & (1L << ((n) % NFDBITS)))
^
../../core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver/socket.h:165:0: warning: "FD_ZERO" redefined [enabled by default]
#define FD_ZERO(fdsetp) __FD_ZERO (fdsetp)
^
/opt/gcc_arm/arm-none-eabi/include/sys/types.h:261:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
# define FD_ZERO(p) (__extension__ (void)({ \
^
ats-td.cpp:468:19: error: too many decimal points in number
lcd->setCursor(0,0);
^
ats-td.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
ats-td.cpp:445:25: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of '&' [-Wparentheses]
val = val - '0';
^
ats-td.cpp:425:8: warning: unused variable 'readit' [-Wunused-variable]
byte i = 0;
^
make: *** [ats-td.o] Error 1

Hey @Noten ,

It looks there is an actual error in your code. Are the two projects you are referring to literally identical or is the working one a trimmed down version? If there are some differences, would it be possible to add line by line to the working one, until it breaks–that might help you triangulate the particular place in the code where things are breaking.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,

-joe

hi @jgoggins!

Exactly the same. It is okay in one panel (from the old, saved code), at the moment when i start a new project, copy-paste same code, it throws the error. Sometimes this, sometimes just the regular message without any explanation.

Guys, can somebody please help me how could i compile the code without the web ide?

it would be really important for me to be able to compile my code, but i cannot find any tutorials for this.
(Also if i compile offline, how the spark specific code will affect the compile, will it just generate errors due to unlinked functions and files? I never tried without the webIDE, and this is just an unlucky moment that i have to face with such issues, when i would need the compiled code the most :frowning: Inclusions suck as below.

Thanks for your help in advance guys! (Hopefully the webIDE will also come back to normal.)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <inttypes.h>

Hi @Noten,

I’m watching the build farm today, and I’m available to help if I can. If you want to build locally there is a tutorial here:

Just grab the compile-server2 branch if you want to target the same code as the build server :smile:

Thanks,
David

hi @Dave!

I just have these for include. Same issue still (it is okay from one saved code, but same code is not okay from another). If i modify the “ok” code it compiles properly any code, but if i go to a “buggy” saved code it is not compiling anything from that. Really weird, maybe it is related somehow to the saved instance and not the actual code (just guessing).

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <inttypes.h>