@peekay123, this is why we all need to get stuck into this issue - “breaking” upgrades need to be understood and squashed asap otherwise we could be stuck at a particular version!
The evidence (app does not event start) could well be the compiler when it is targetting 1.5.0-rc.1…
Here is the list from Particle Device OS Updates Thread of the compiler/environment changes:
- Enables C++14 chrono string literals for wiring APIs #1709
- [Gen 3] Implements persistent antenna selection (
- GCC 8 support #1971
EnumFlagsclass for bitwise operations on C++ enum classes #1978
- Adds missing platforms to manifest.json #1959
- Prevents expansion of
- Fixes a call to objdump when the compiler is not in PATH #1961
- [gcc] Ensure GPIO pinmap is initialized on first use #1963
Is it possible that one or more of these changes has an undesirable side effect?