Updated Firmware, Core Dead?

I am not new to arduino or the programming language but it seems everytime I turn around I am really spinning my wheels with SPARK. The latest was I flashed my core with the code below and its now a WHITE solid light and a solid blue light. Did not see that on the chart for ‘the core is doing…’

Somebody help me out. My sanity is at its limit with my spark experience so far.

Code that I flashed that killed my core or at least is what I was doing when it died;

    // This #include statement was automatically added by the Spark IDE.
#include "application.h"
#include "HttpClient/HttpClient.h"

* Declaring the variables.
HttpClient http;
#define VARIABLE_ID "removed"
#define TOKEN "removed"
int lightLevel = 0;

// Headers currently need to be set at init, useful for API keys etc.
http_header_t headers[] = {
      { "Content-Type", "application/json" },
      { "X-Auth-Token" , TOKEN },
    { NULL, NULL } // NOTE: Always terminate headers will NULL

http_request_t request;
http_response_t response;

void setup() {
    pinMode(A7, INPUT);
    request.hostname = "things.ubidots.com";
    request.port = 80;

void loop() {

    // Get temperature
    lightLevel = '199';
    // Send to Ubidots
    request.path = "/api/v1.6/variables/"VARIABLE_ID"/values";
    request.body = "{\"value\":" + String(lightLevel) + "}";
    http.post(request, response, headers);


The loop is repeated calling http.post() and that might be flood the CC3000 with requests, causing it to be knocked out.

That’s just my guess since the code is pretty straightforward.

I put this code on because my xively code stopped working ( after my thermistor library fun lol ). I will add a DELAY and see if that fixes it.

FYI after the 4th try I was able to finally get it to ‘come to life’ from reset.

1 Like

a quick fix would usually be using Spark-cli in DFU mode and spark flash --usb tinker to overwrite the non-working user firmware and restore cloud connection. :wink:

I just flashed it and it did not flash very ‘nicely’. Rather then my normal ‘fast flickering magenta’ it did a very slow long drawn out flash sequence with the magenta. It is now flashing green many times, one flash white, many more flashes green as it trys to reconnect, repeating that sequence over and over.

I got a couple ‘red flickers’ and now it seems to finally be connected took about 4mins.

Flashed it again with a basic LED flasher to see what that would do and it did the same ‘long drawn out flashing’ went BLANK for 15seconds and now is breathing magenta.

Firmware did not update my led is not blinking.

I wish I knew how to use the Spark-Li to flash it on windows. I will need to give it another read

I was not able to figure out what caused the issue but after doing repeated resets I was finally able to get the core to come back to life. took about 30minutes of ‘playing’. I flashed it with my Xively code and it seems to have been working since.

Very odd!