The Docs site has received a big update! Check it out:
To highlight some new features:
- An “edit this page” button that links to the Github edit page. Now easier to contribute!
- Improved legibility: larger fonts, better color scheme for the code.
- Better navigation that can be extended more easily as we have more pages.
- Hosted on Amazon S3 instead of Github pages! Also faster.
- Changes to the docs are automatically deployed to S3 through Travis CI, unless of course it breaks the build, in which case it’ll fail and I get a nasty email.
- There’s a download button in the upper right that will download the docs as a zip file for local enjoyment. Yes, the file’s huge; at some point we’ll have to compress some pics.
- Links to the old site (that have the # in the url) should redirect successfully once it’s loaded into docs.spark.io
Things I wanted to do but haven’t gotten to:
- Fix the scroll spy thing that highlights the section where you are in the menu. Can’t get the mapping to work, David I might need a hand with this one.
- Compress all the assets and remove any external dependencies so it will run perfectly offline
- Improve the coloring on the code, which sometimes gets funky
- Make the headers for the code (like EXAMPLE SYNTAX) in regular fonts instead of monospace fonts so they stick out better
Enjoy, and please share your feedback! We will continue to work on improving our documentation, both in presentation and in content.