Trouble Using Hologram SIM to Connect to Verizon

Hi,

I’m using the Particle Boron with a Hologram SIM. AT&T works great. When I try to force connecting to Verizon, the device refuses to connect to the Internet. Is there something special I need to do?

I’ve read a few things on this website as well as others that there are certain AT commands that need to be issued. I’ve done those, and forcing AT&T connection only works. I found this question here: https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/f/nordic-q-a/55857/unable-to-connect-to-verizon-using-hologram-sim-after-upgrading-mfw-to-v1-1-0 Is there any truth to that? I’ve reached out to Hologram, and I’m waiting to hear back.

Best Regards,
PJ

1. In order to use a Hologram SIM with Verizon you need to explicitly set the carrier in the modem: Boron LTE- support

2. I’m pretty sure this no longer works with Hologram SIMs.

3. Even if it did work, because Verizon LTE Cat M1 requires the devices to be certified (by IMEI), and Particle devices are not currently certified, eventually you could be blocked, even it it did work for a while.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.