Spark Setup not working

Hi ,

I am trying spark setup using spark -cli , but always I am getting following error and spark light just dies down(no color , nothing). I have updated the firmware and also factory rested it time and again.

Regards
Deep

It looks like you’re entering your password when you should first enter the type of security (I could be mistaken though!)
Could you perhaps try another port, the app or maybe even another computer? Might help.

Hi @nidhideep,

Is your core connected and blinking blue? What do you see when you type spark serial list ?

Are you on windows or mac? If you’re on windows you need some drivers:

Thanks,
David

Hi Moor,
I am entering always SSID and then pwd . It just screenshot taken at that instance , I am using Windows 8 machine , let me try it on my Mac.

Regards
Deep

I am on Windows , I installed DFU- driver on windows using same blog. I getting following message:

Regards
Deep

Hi @nidhideep,

Hmm, cool, so far so good. Maybe try an Administrator Command Prompt? ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc947813(v=ws.10).aspx )

Thanks,
David

I wonder if its to do with the line termination? i had the same thing when i changed the line termination in my terminal

Hi Dave,

I have tried everything , I have now shifted to my Mac , just eliminating if I have any issue with Windows Machine. I have connected my Spark core with Mac and trying to configure Wifi using CoolTerm , it shows me in Serial port , when I connect and enter my SSID : the spark just dies , no light blinking , but it shows me connected to Serial port.

Regards
Deep

Hi @nidhideep,

Lets get you a replacement I think, can you email us a shipping address and a phone number, and reference this thread?

Thanks,
David

Hi Dave,

Thanks . I have just send a mail to hello@spark.io with all my details.

Regards
Deep

1 Like