Spark Core operating temperature

Dear all,

I would like to use my Core for an external project, in a protected environment, but it will be subject to temperatures below 0 °C.
In the hardware datasheet I was only able to find the operating temperature of the wifi module.
Can you please tell me what is the operating temperature of the Core? Below and above which temperature it stops working?
Thank you
dk

I would be suprised if this is known but perhaps someone does know it.

I would look for 4 different operating ranges:

• The WiFi Chip (CC3000): -20°C to 70°C
  • The External Flash Chip (SST25VF016B): 0°C to +70°C (Commercial) or -40°C to +85°C (Industrial) - Not sure which the SparkCore has
  • The Power Regulator (MCP1825S-3302E): -40°C to +125°C
  • The Microcontroller (STM32F103CB): -40°C to +85°C (Commercial) or -40°C to +105°C (Industrial) - Not sure which the SparkCore has

So, 0°C is right on the edge for the external flash chip but I imagine you’d probably be ok!

1 Like

Dear @harrisonhjones, thank you for your reply.
Well having a look to the bill of materials (if still current) it seems the SST25VF016B-75-4I-S2AF-ND is used which, acoring to this should be industrial.

Thank you again,
dk

I threw my Spark Core in the Freezer and it worked just fine. I was testing if there were startup issues after the unit was frozen, and there were not any but it did seem like it took just a tad longer to run through the startup code but not much of a difference.

1 Like