SOS when WiFi without Internet

I took P1 and cleared its memory via ST-link (since I changed a lot of system functions before :

Code

SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC);
SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED);
STARTUP(System.enableFeature(FEATURE_RETAINED_MEMORY));
STARTUP(softap_set_application_page_handler(myPage, nullptr));
STARTUP(WiFi.selectAntenna(ANT_AUTO));).

Flashed to 1.5.2. Reset it to factory condition(as I think) with the help of a particle doctor. Then I flashed Tinker. And here’s what I noticed: when the device is connected to the WiFi, but the network is without the Internet, then the device flashes cyan for a while and then red twice (SOS). Moreover, when I turn on logs:

Logs

0000028513 [hal.wlan] INFO: Using auto antenna
0000028561 [hal.wlan] INFO: Joining vlad
0000028563 [hal.wlan] TRACE: Free RAM connect: 36144
0000031662 [hal.wlan] INFO: Bringing WiFi interface up with DHCP
0000051897 [hal.wlan] TRACE: connect cancel
0000051903 [hal] TRACE: 20015b04 socket list: 0 active sockets closed
0000051903 [hal] TRACE: 20015b0c socket list: 0 active sockets closed

The same happens on Photon. I don’t have a completely new device, but I think there is the same problem.
This is not a problem when the device has small firmware. But in my case it sometimes leads to device reboots.
Tell me please, am I doing something wrong or is it a system error?

Two red blinks is not an SOS pattern. An SOS is 3 short blinks, 3 long blinks, then a varying number of short blinks to specify the particular SOS code.

Two orange blinks is “could not reach Internet” which is the expected behavior in that case.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Indeed, I missed this information. And the fact that the device is rebooting after that has nothing common with this event? It restarts exactly after this message:

0000051903 [hal] TRACE: 20015b04 socket list: 0 active sockets closed
0000051903 [hal] TRACE: 20015b0c socket list: 0 active sockets closed

The device should not reboot, but it will list sockets and closing as the network stack will reinitialize. If you are using SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED) or SYSTEM_MODE(SEMI_AUTOMATIC) your code will continue to execute while the network stack reinitializes.

1 Like

But it reboots… Yes, I using this commands. Well, it means there is an error in my code. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.