[Solved] Compile error: No such file or directory

Here is an image of the web IDE:

The error:

In file included from ../inc/spark_wiring.h:29:0,
from ../inc/application.h:29,
from Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.h:4,
from Adafruit_GFX/Adafruit_GFX.cpp:34:
../../core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc/config.h:12:2: warning: #warning "Defaulting to Release Build" [-Wcpp]
#warning "Defaulting to Release Build"
^
Adafruit_PCD8544_mfGFX/Adafruit_PCD8544_mfGFX.cpp:22:46: fatal error: ../Adafruit_mfGFX/Adafruit_mfGFX.h:  No such file or directory
#include "../Adafruit_mfGFX/Adafruit_mfGFX.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Adafruit_PCD8544_mfGFX/Adafruit_PCD8544_mfGFX.o] Error 1

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks
Eric

You’d have to look a bit closer.
Your error message complains about missing Adafruit_mfGFX.h, because you have included Adafruit_GFX.h

Easy to miss :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for answering Scruff. But that is not correct. I added Adafruit_mfGFX.h but got Adafruit_GFX.h. Regardless of which one I add, I get the same error message.

However, since that didn’t work, I decided to try something else. And when I added the needed libraries, again, I get the same message for the different libraries:

from Adafruit_BMP085/Adafruit_BMP085.cpp:18:
../../core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc/config.h:12:2: warning: #warning "Defaulting to Release Build" [-Wcpp]
#warning "Defaulting to Release Build"
^
Adafruit_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.cpp:1:45: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.h: **No such file or directory**
#include "Adafruit_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Adafruit_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.o] Error 1

The libraries I included are:

// This #include statement was automatically added by the Spark IDE.
#include "Adafruit_Sensor/Adafruit_Sensor.h"
// This #include statement was automatically added by the Spark IDE.
#include "Adafruit_BMP085/Adafruit_BMP085.h"

That's odd.
When I select Adafruit_mfGFX, I actually do get the correct library included :wink:
And it builds just fine.

But if you don't want to go that road ...

1 Like

I would like to use the core but regardless of which library I load, I always get “No such file or directory.”

@EricBrian, can you post a picture of the web IDE showing the libraries and code you are trying to compile like your very first post?

On a side note, have you considered using Spark CLI or SparkDEV? :smiley:

If you could post your code, or - if it is too long - provide a zip, I could try building it for you and send you the bin.

But I’m pretty sure, that there must be something you are doing, that prevents you from including libraries propperly.

As for the Adafruit_Sensor library, I’m not sure that it is meant to be included as such and doesn’t only pose as a building brick for other sensor libraries.

After I posted that message, I figured I’d go and try from new. So, I deleted everything and created a new project folder. I added the libraries to that new folder and compiled. Now I get error messages but no longer no such file or directory. Maybe something was hosed in the original project folder.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate that.

Now off I go trying to figure out the current error messages. :smile:

1 Like

Hmm… well this did not help. Here is my error.

from Adafruit_GFX.h:4,
                 from Adafruit_GFX.cpp:1:
 #warning  "Defaulting to Release Build"
  ^
                 from Adafruit_GFX.h:4,
                 from Adafruit_SSD1306.cpp:1:
  ^
                 from swatch.cpp:2:
  ^
swatch.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
swatch.cpp:75:3: error: expected ';' before 'display'
   Serial.begin(9600);
   ^

make: *** [swatch.o] Error 1
Error: Could not compile. Please review your code.

The only thing i can do is restart all over again but then when i add something new it does this. I wanted to use Particle Dev but no matter what I do.

Uncaught Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, uv_chdir
C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:474
Hide Stack Trace
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, uv_chdir
    at Error (native)
    at C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:661:21
    at Object.module.exports.projectRequired (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:369:14)
    at C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:639:24
    at Object.module.exports.loginRequired (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:353:14)
    at Object.module.exports.compileCloud (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:637:19)
    at atom-workspace.disposables.add.atom.commands.add.spark-dev:compile-cloud (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\node_modules\spark-dev\lib\spark-dev.js:132:26)
    at CommandRegistry.module.exports.CommandRegistry.handleCommandEvent (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\src\command-registry.js:238:29)
    at CommandRegistry.handleCommandEvent (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\src\command-registry.js:3:61)
    at CommandRegistry.module.exports.CommandRegistry.dispatch (C:\Program Files (x86)\Particle Dev\resources\app.asar\src\command-registry.js:153:19)

I guess I’m destend not to use Particle :pensive:

I used Particle Build and Particle Dev a lot and used to be quite happy with it, but as it seems recent updates may have introduced some new problems. I’m sure they will be addressed soon.
This should solve the second problem. Meanwhile you may have to close and open the IDE more often.

For your code problem, we might need to see the code tho’.

Wow… Fast replies. That is why I love this community. I am disappointed with myself for not looking around the community. About 3 Mins after posting I found a post about how the Particle Dev does not compile unless they are in a certain folder, and that fixed my problem. I’m sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

3 Likes