Setting Claim Code with Softapp

Hi

I trying to create a product that uses Two-Legged authentication. I have the following working successfully from my application

• I am able to create a customer and get back access token
  • Retrieve Claim code with access token

Now I run into issues when I use Particle SoftAp to setup my client, especially setting the claim code. I am able to successfully connect the customer with all the built in functions, and even receive a successful response when setting my claim code, yet when I look in my Console, the device never shows up as claimed. Below are some details that I have noticed throughout the process. I should also note that I am in a testing phase so after using other means to claim the device, I always un claim and remove it from the console before trying again.

---------- Notes ------

• Even when the device has been unclaimed and removed in the console, every time I run softapp.deviceDetails it returns that the device is claimed.
  • I can successfully claim the device through the api by sending the device id, but my goal is to use the claim code.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Thanks

When recycling a testing device you must also reset the on-device claim flag using dfu-util. The process is described here:

If you don’t do this, you’ll get an error that the device is claimed to another account when claiming.

Thank you very much @rickkas7. I am going to try this and let you know if it worked. I suspected this might be the cause to thank you so much.

Kind Regards