selectMeshAntenna bug on Xenon

After suffering a few range problems, I have tried adding an external antenna to a Xenon, and using the following function to pick which antenna is used:

int setAntenna(int i) {
    // Save to EEPROM
    EEPROM.put(antAddr, i);
    if(i==0) {
        Mesh.selectAntenna(MeshAntennaType::INTERNAL);
    } else {
        Mesh.selectAntenna(MeshAntennaType::EXTERNAL);
    }
}

This gives the following error on all 1.5.x firmwares when compiling from the webIDE, including the 1.5.4-rc.1:

In file included from ./inc/Arduino.h:27:0,
                 from ./inc/WProgram.h:1,
                 from lib/Adafruit_BME280/src/Adafruit_BME280.h:27,
                 from solar_soil_sensor.ino:65:
solar_soil_sensor.ino: In function 'int setAntenna(int)':
../wiring/inc/spark_wiring_arduino_constants.h:44:21: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
 #define EXTERNAL    0
                     ^
solar_soil_sensor.ino:282:45: note: in expansion of macro 'EXTERNAL'
solar_soil_sensor.ino:284:1: warning: no return statement in function returning non-void [-Wreturn-type]
../build/module.mk:274: recipe for target '../build/target/user/platform-14-msrc/solar_soil_sensor.o' failed
make[2]: *** [../build/target/user/platform-14-msrc/solar_soil_sensor.o] Error 1

Can I get away with just doing:

Mesh.selectAntenna(0);

to use the external antenna?

I had a look at some of the code people have posted here, to test if my RSSI changes, but if I can be sure the antenna changes then greater reliability is enough to show an improvement.

That is happening due to another definition of EXTERNAL.
If you add #undef EXTERNAL at the top of your code it should work.

1 Like

Thanks, that has done the trick. It looks like the other def was being added by one of the sensor libraries Iā€™m using, so I put the #undef after the #includes.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.