I’m trying to harden my code from weirdness, on many occasions the devices are unable to be flashed OTA, it keeps timing out. however I am able to send function calls no problem.
I have implemented a function call that puts the device into safemode. however it is not clear what safe mode is.
The documentation helpfully states…
Resets the device and restarts in safe mode.
I would like to know:
- Does it connect to the cloud in safe mode.
- Does this work with a 3rd party SIM
- Does any application code run
- Can our application code detect it is in safemode.
- Can we run some minimal code that services our external WDT, and sets the APN
- Is there any description of what it does anywhere.