Running Blynk @ Raspberry Pi 3

Dear Friends,

I am absolutely newbie at the Particle WebIDE and ( as a beta tester of raspberry pi 3 over Particle ) I want to use Blynk library ( and theirs public server ) at my Raspberry Pi3 inside the Particle WebIDE. Till now I can’t go further. I can locate the Blynk library but I can not use it. { Especially the SimpleTimer library that need to be substituted with SparkCorePolledTimer library }
Is there any good how to, to follow? Can someone to offer me a help to run even the simplest Blynk sketch under the Particle ???

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

1 Like

Hello,

Let me ping someone that might be able to help on this. @jvanier are you able to give some insight?

Kyle

Thanks a lot @KyleG

1 Like

Dear Kyle,
because till now your pinged person ( @jvanier ) did not answered to me, do you have other communication ways to ask for his help?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

1 Like

Did you try looking there: http://docs.blynk.cc/
Of their community http://community.blynk.cc/t/blynk-for-beginners-and-help-with-your-project/10000

yes I did as I am long term Blynk community member. Seems the solution need to be found in particle and for this reason I asked for help…

Ok then the docs are https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/build/photon/#using-libraries

An simple example of code with blynk:

#include <blynk.h>

char auth[] = "blynk_auth_key";

BLYNK_WRITE(V1) { // called when you press the button assigned to Virtual Pin 1 on blynk
   // do something
}

void setup() {
	Blynk.begin(auth);
}

void loop() {      
    Blynk.run();
}

Dear @Fabien
first of all I would like to thank you for your try to help me and to solve the related problems in the “cooperation” between Particle ecosystem and Blynk.
As you can see / read in my first post in this thread I am wondering for : “Especially the SimpleTimer library that need to be substituted with SparkCorePolledTimer library”. As you may know, Blynk need SimpeTimer to do pseudo parallel tasking but SimpleTimer does not work under Particle… I read in many places that it can substituted the SimpleTimer with SparkCorePolledTimer library but I have fount no exaple at all.It seems that this will make everything easier…

P.S. According to Blynk Library Senior Programmer, he will absorb the SimpleTimer library inside the main Blynk library but it is unknown when this will happened

Have you had a look at the usage sample that comes with the SparkCorePolledTimer library?

Dear @ScruffR thanks for the link.
No, I haven’t see this sample code. I will try to introduce to my sample and I will let you know.

Again thanks.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

1 Like

Dear @ScruffR,
yes, following your suggestion I converted a very basic Blynk example that was using SimpleTimer library to SparkCorePolledTimer library and it is working fine.
A million thanks to you !!!

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

3 Likes

@mikekgr

I’m glad that you were able to get the help you needed! Thank you for being patient! Thanks @ScruffR @Fabien for chiming in!

3 Likes