Possible to get Particle output into Open Frameworks?

For my last schoolproject I have the assignment to involve input from an IMU shield into my OpenFrameworks project. It was recommended to use a Photon Particle for this, so here I am learning about all this and got this code to work in my serial monitor (In my CMD)
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-imu-shield-hookup-guide?_ga=2.43840229.175296895.1531506622-971326733.1531506622

The code works great, but right now I don’t know what to do next to get the outputs of this IMU shield as a variable to work in Open frameworks, simply the bridging connection so I can play with this. Since it’s (seemingly) hard to google I hope you can help me out; How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

• Ri

If you can share some more about the openFrameworks side of your project we may be able to give you other options too, but without any knowledge about the “receiving” side, I’d suggest you go with Serial on the Photon side and ofSerial on the openFrameworks side.

Other options would be ofxNetwork (ofxTCPClient, ofxTCPServer, ofxUDPManager, …)

1 Like