We have Photon based products, and are noticing a strange quirk on rare occasions when they try to connect to the Wi-Fi network. They are using Device OS version 1.1.1.
When the issue is seen (we’ve seen it at least five times now) it will be on a device and network that normally connects fine when powered up. It will just be once in a while, when the device is first powered up, this is what we see:
- LED does the slow flashing green, like it is beginning the Wi-Fi connection attempt
- It then goes to the fast flashing green, like it is about to connect
- But then, instead of connecting like usual, it stays fast flashing green for ~15s
- It then blinks white, and begins alternating white for 1s then blinking green for 4s
- It repeats alternating white and green like this for ~7 minutes!
- It finally appears to reboot itself, and then connects normally/successfully this time
Any ideas what would be causing this? As I mentioned, with the same Photon on the same product in the same physical location connecting to the same router, it normally connects fine. Just once in a while this weird issue is seen.