Photon Temp Monitor

I have a chest freezer that I wanted to get alerts for if the temperature got too high.

I built a little protoboard based setup. It uses a 10 pin ribbon cable and a 2x5 header to connect 3 TMP36 sensors. I have one outside the freezer one at the top and one at the bottom. The Photon samples the temps once every second and keeps a 5 minute rolling window of values. Once every 15 seconds it pushes the sensor values to ThingSpeak which has rules setup to tweet me if the freezer gets too warm.

It isn’t a pretty package but it works can can easily be expanded to quite a few sensors hanging off a single Photon.

1 Like

Sweet!

I created something similar but used a inferred temp sensor to measure the temp of stuff without touching it.

You can see it here Melexis Contact-less Infrared Sensor - Code Port

Were doing the same thing just using different temp sensors & platforms.

I quit drinking soda so its not as useful for me anymore but still a pretty cool DIY project.

Keep up the good work! :smile:

Neat Ubidots.com looks interesting, I’m not a huge fan a ThingSpeak but it was easy and generally works.

Ubidots is free and very easy to get going. I tried it and have stuck with it for that fact.

They have a new library in the online IDE if you want to check it out.

@aguspg Is a partner of Ubidots and is active on the forum.

That was easy to get going … the source is now updated to push data to ubidots and thingspeak :smile:

1 Like