Photon goes online and offline randomly

so my Particle photon keeps on going offline and online at random points. i am not sure what is wrong since this was not happening yesterday. thank you if you can help.

It could be your wifi’s internet connection dropping in and out. It used to happen to me also.

1 Like

ok i will check to see if its the wifi thanks @RWB

@Shane_Mats let us know if this is still happening!

2 Likes

i just checked and its not my wifi since im using the schools wifi, also it is still going offline and online on its own.

@Shane_Mats, posting code might be a good idea at this point.

int led = D7;  // The on-board LED
const int potPin = A0;

void setup() {
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // Turn ON the LED

String temp = String(analogRead(potPin));
  Particle.publish("temp", temp, PRIVATE);
  delay(100000);               // Wait for 30 seconds

digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // Turn OFF the LED
  delay(10000);               // Wait for 30 seconds
}

sorry about that @peekay123 i thought i did but apperently not. although i dont think its my code since this is the same code i have been using before the device on and off problem.

@Shane_Mats, besides the fact that your “30 seconds” waits are more like 100 secs and 10 seconds, I don’t see any obvious issues. Which system firmware is the Photon running and what version are you compiling against?

Also how frequently is the offline/online happening and what are the color codes before these instances?

1 Like

Also, it’s worth noting that we have a full technical support team that can help to support and debug these kinds of issues. If you’d like to reach out to our support team, please send us a message at http://support.particle.io!