Greetings everyone !
I’am new in electronic, and I don’t have really good knowledges. I learn by my self on the internet.
My goal is to build a small and low cost robot that avoid objects with my Photon.
I followed this tutorial and I am trying to adapt it to my Photon : http://eskimon.fr/285-arduino-601-le-moteur-courant-continu#728481 (Sorry it’s in French because I am)
So, I have some questions about this wiring (See picture below) :
What I want :
- Power the photon and motor(s) from 3xAAA battery (beacause I have a small robot chassis with a 3xAAA holder)
- Use Rx and Tx to do PWM on each motors (it will be a 2WD)
What I don’t want :
- Buying battery/motor shield that cost the same price as the photon or higher
What I know :
- Photon has a Vin-max of 6.5V (I could not find if there is a max current input)
- The L293D (pin 16) Vss works with 4.5V
- The L78L05ACZ drop current from the battery to 4.5V and 100mA then a 100 Ohm resistance drop it to 50mA so I am below the max Iss (60mA) of the L293D
- Can I power the Photon like that ? If not is there a solution to do this ?
- Does it seems to work ? If not what is the problem ?
- Can I do the same for the second motor ? If not what kind of modification does it implies ?
I am open to any constructive criticism.