Photon 2 Prerelease

How do I get one? when is the release date

The Photon 2 will be released in late 2022.

To get on the prerelease list send me a DM with your shipping address and a short description of why you need early release devices. Early devices are not guaranteed and are limited to three devices per person.

Hi Colleen;

Thank you for your message. We had developed our HVAC solution based on Photon 1 and we are in need urgently to migrate our solution to Photon 2 so that we can be ready for photon 2 release in fall.

My address:

REDACTED BY ADMIN

Thanks. If possible I would prefer 2 units for our developers.

Regards,
Moe Tun

Hi Moe,

Thank you. Early releases are not guaranteed, but I’ll put in the request tonight for two devices.

Best,
Colleen

thank you so much.

Regards,
Moe Tun
+1-832-398-1688

@Colleen - Any more info on the release of the Photon 2?

1 Like

Are we getting close on the Photon 2?

General availability of the Photon 2 is planned for February 2023.

1 Like

I keep getting emails about “Secure Supply” parts… but I still can’t get Photon 2 Dev boards.

At least add the Photon 2 part and documentation to the store with a “Coming Soon” note so I can stop searching in vain. The only information on Photon 2 timelines outside the forum is “The majority of Particle’s Supply Secure modules and products will be available as engineering samples in Q2 and mass manufacturing in Q3 and Q4 2022.”

Maybe hold off on the marketing push until you can sell dev boards or at least send samples.

1 Like

It there a target date in February to receive sample Photon 2 or to get them in the store?

@colleen Is there any update on availability of photon2 >

1 Like

General Availability is currently scheduled for “April-ish” 2023

Is there any update on the availability of Photon2 processors in small quantity for product development?

1 Like

Alternatively… are you going to keep Argon around longer than planned??

We do not have an official Photon 2 GA date for purchasing units at this time, but think April-ish. When they become available the supply is not expected to be constrained. Enterprise samples are going out now.

The Argon production has ceased and no more will be produced. However, there are still Argon units in stock for sale at this time.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. Have you considered releasing the Photon 2 board design similar to what you’ve done with the P2 first board so those of us with feather based designs can get started with P2 modules by printing our own PCBs without having to duplicate too much work and discovery?

Keep up the good work- we are looking forward to trying these out.

1 Like

I’m running low on photons. I see they’re out of stock everywhere. Is the photon 2 a direct replacement for photon?

The Photon 2 is not a drop-in replacement for the Photon. It’s a different form-factor, the same as the Argon, and there are other differences. See the Photon to Photon 2 migration guide for the details.

1 Like

What is the anticipated price of the Photon 2?

+1. Any ideas when the Photon 2 will be released? I tried to buy a Photon the other day, and it redirected me to the Argon. But the Argon page mentions that it’s being discontinued, and recommends buying a Supply Secure Photon 2 HDK, which is not available for purchase afaik.