Passing packets to/from server application running on raspberry pi?

So I’ve been assigned the task of finding a way to use the Electron to allow a raspberry pi to run a web server which can be accessed from a mobile device. As it stands, using the electron simply as 3g modem which would allow the pi to have a functioning internet connection would be easiest, but I’m not sure this is possible exactly. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how to even begin to accomplish this at this point.

Hi @AndrueLane,

So the most simple way to accomplish something like this would be to have the electron listening on a TCP port, and then forwarding that to the serial port via a USB connection to your pi. This way your application on the pi could just communicate over serial, with your electron doing all the internet heavy lifting.

There are probably more sophisticated methods with drivers and trying to get the electron to be a full-fledged network-interface, but I’m not sure how to do that personally. Maybe someone who’s a linux network driver expert could chime in. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David