Particle webhook ubidots particle function

Hey,
I have a E-Series connected to ubidots via a webhook. Data is sending fine. Now I was wondering if it is possible to inteface with the particle functions via the webhook. So instead of clicking on the functions in the particle console, i want to control particle functions in the ubidots world.

Thanks

@SmartWater,

Yes, this is possible and a feature I use with several clients. Basically, you create a “widget” (button, switch, knob) on the Ubidots Dashboard, and tie it to a synthetic variable for the Ubidots device view you are looking to control. Then, you create an event on Ubidots that calls the Particle function as a Webhook. With this approach, you can create a dashboard on Ubidots that shows the Particle device data and allows you to control the device from that same page.

Here is a great how-to article from Ubidots.

Thanks,

Chip

2 Likes

Hey,
thanks,
what do you put inside the synthetic variables expression?

Thanks

@SmartWater,

No expression required. Three parts:

• A widget on the dashboard that sets a value
  • A synthetic variable to hold the value set by the widget (no expression required)
  • A Rule that sends the appropriate webhook when the value of the synthetic variable changes.

Hope that helps

Chip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.