Particle Token List

Hello about the particle token list command, I get a full screen of PASSWORD_ONLY__ (expired) how do I find my active token. I’ve searched the community for an answer but can’t find any indication.
Thank you
Valentino

Any token that is not marked expired is still active - I’m sure you will have a bunch of them in that list too, you only need to scroll up a bit :wink:

Just had the same issue. You can also run:

particle token create --never-expires

and find that as:

__PASSWORD_ONLY__
Token:
Expires at: null

@ScruffRSo really many even if I use the -v option I don’t find the active token I have a screen full of expired.But there is no possibility to clear the cache or the memory part with the expired?

@thrmttnw particle token create --never-expires but this creates a new token correct?
AND PASSWORD_ONLY
Token: …
Expires at: null
what command for E PASSWORD_ONLY? since i work in in the command prompt.
Thanks to both of you for the replies.
Best Regards
Valentino

You can also forward the output into a file rather than screen and there you should be able to do a search (e.g. for spark ide - for the token used by Web IDE).

If you are on Windows you can do this via particle token list > myTokens.txt
(unfortunately that command requires you to enter the password, so it's a bit more complicated - see Tino's post below)

Hi @ScruffR
thanks I had to recover my DOS knowledge, here is the syntax to write the result in a batch file (test.bat), then it must be read (list.txt) with Notepad or other compatible editors.
Grazie Valentino

@Echo ON
echo your password here|particle token list -v>>list.txt

1 Like

Yes, it does create a new one, and if you have not already made one that never expires, it also makes it easier to find it again later with particle token list, as it is the only __PASSWORD_ONLY__ token in the list with Expires at: null.

(In my case I needed SSE monitoring to keep running for bug hunting.)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.