Particle setup wifi failing - Windows CLI

Hello,
I have installed node js and particle-cli in Windows. I was able to login into particle cloud and scan for nearby photons. When I try to connect to it, I get the following error

(node:1408) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): ReferenceError: when is not defined

I tried doing it again, but now it gets stuck at

Waiting for a wild Photon to appear…

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dheeraj

Could you try using the windows installer for the CLI? That should make sure everything is setup the way it should be, and might eliminate errors like these.

Hello,
I did install the windows installer for CLI and I am still getting the same error.

I also noticed that if I run command prompt without administrative rights, the cli is not scanning any photons. With command prompt launched with administrative rights, the cli was able to scan photon devices. But I still get the error

(node:14020) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): ReferenceError: when is not defined

Thanks
Dheeraj

BUMP...

Same issue as described with Windows CLI...

I am trying to configure WiFi credentials for this Photon. I've reflashed the Photon to latest firmware in DFU mode. The Photon is now in listening mode, and invoking "> particle wireless list" the CLI finds the Photon I'm looking to setup credentials with. I reply yes, and I get the same error described herein.

Here's the CLI output:

! PROTIP: Wireless setup of Photons works like a wizard!
! PROTIP: We will automagically change the Wi-Fi network to which your computer is connected.
! PROTIP: You will lose your connection to the internet periodically.

? Found "Photon-B4J9". Would you like to perform setup on this one now? Yes

! PROTIP: You will need to know the password for your Wi-Fi network (if any) to proceed.
! PROTIP: You can press ctrl + C to quit setup at any time.

(node:1208) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 1): ReferenceError: when is not defined

• My laptop is actively connected to the WiFi network I want my Photon to connect with.
  • The CLI is up to date as well.

This issue either went unresolved or the OP found an alternate process?

I'm specifically looking to not claim this Photon and to set it up and run it outside of the Particle cloud in Manual Mode. Thanks in advance for any assistance

@rickkas7 to the rescue (again).

>particle serial wifi is the ticket…

I flashed the photon with the blynk example 10_Particle.ino particle ,

Particle disappears from the net will not connect to blynk

Reset + Setup buttons lead to flashing yellow and no connection to USB

Reset button leads to connection to USB

serial wifi does not fix anything and hangs in “Attempting to configure Wi-Fi on COM6”

How to reset the particle to factory settings?