Particle on Xcode with embedXcode

embedXcode is a template for Xcode. It eases development for the most popular embedded computing boards

= +

As at today, embedXcode supports the Adafruit, Arduino, chipKIT and PICadillo, DFRobot, Digispark, Galileo, LaunchPad, LightBlue Bean, Little Robot Friends, Maple, Microduino, RedBearLab, RFduino, Robotis, Spark, Teensy and Wiring boards and the boards running on ARM mbed.

New release 2.4 adds support for the Spark Core board.

Enjoy!

WebsiteDownloadUser ManualSupport

3 Likes

New release 2.5 includes stability enhancements for the Spark Core.

Download

Please find a new release of embedXcode.

• embedXcode • May 18, 2015 release 289 • Added support for Teensy LC
    and updated support for 1.6.1 or 1.7 Arduino IDE plug-ins embedXcode+
  • May 18, 2015 release 289 • Added support for Teensy LC and updated
    support for 1.6.1 or 1.7 Arduino IDE plug-ins

Release 2.8.9 adds support for the Teensy LC board. The Teensy 3.0 and 3.1 are very popular among the embedXcode users and the Teensy LC is a welcomed addition.

Release 2.8.9 also updates support for the plug-ins running on Arduino 1.6.1 or 1.7.x, including Adafruit, Cosa, LightBlue, panStamp, RedBearLab, RFduino, Teensy.

Finally, release 2.8.9 brings support for Particle, the new name of Spark. I’m still waiting for the Photon so I can add support for it.

Download

Hi - downloaded this and installed but the particle does not come up in the long list of boards.

I do have the Particle (and spark) directories in the embedCode library but only have Define path to Spark projects in the documents folder.

Am I missing something really easy?

Here is what my directory looks like:

Thanks very much for any help. As a user of several boards, I am looking forward to getting this platform working.

Hi!

Thank you for noticing me. Some files seem to be missing in the distribution you have. Please download release 2.8.9b and try again.

Thank you.

I’ve just received today a message saying my Photon has been sent.

I can’t wait to receive it and play with it!

Stay tuned!

Contrary to the feature/hal branch embedXcode relies on for local build and link, the recommended latest branch raises too many issues. As a consequence, support for the Particle boards is going to be discontinued.