Particle Mesh will ship in October

Soon, @AlbertZerok! I can’t guess at the exact date, but you should see an email with your shipping info as soon as your order leaves our warehouses.

Sorry I can’t be of more help, I feel like I’m giving one of Blizzard’s famous “Soon.” answers, but I really do mean within a couple of weeks - I just can’t commit to anything specific.

Let me know if there are any other questions you think I could help out with.

2 Likes

October is almost done, and we haven’t received any email when to receive the *** items…no emails, no updates, no any contacts.

also, where is the timeline page? can’t access it anymore!

1 Like

i just clicked that link “timeline” and the page that came up stated mesh dev kits shipping in november.

that’s what left in my browser that I used to accessed particle’s timeline. now, I can’t access it anymore… anyone who got the new link for the timeline? thanks.

yes. even the timeline link off the blog post does not show the actual timeline anymore. but in a project as massive as this timelines are a bit theory, as in best case if everything goes exactly as we hope, which it usually never does. my personal maxim is " it’s ready when it’s ready and not before" . most companies actually can not state the situation like that though. thing is release is closer than it was 2 months ago.

I hate these delays in mesh pre orders from Particle.
I keep incurring into big economic losses every week I do not receive the kit since I keep adding hardware to my pre order!!!

This is awful and totally unacceptable :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello everyone! We are sending out a community-wide email today or tomorrow to announce the beginning of Mesh preorder fulfillment. Shipping is still planned to begin in October, though it will likely continue into November due to the large number of orders we have received.

The November date that you see on the new mesh page is for new preorders placed through our retail store, which will be fulfilled after all preorders items have been fulfilled.

Hope that helps! In the meantime, please be on the lookout for address verification emails and credit card verification emails that might otherwise prevent us from being able to ship your preorder in a timely manner.

Will

16 Likes

so where is it now?
tomorrow is already November, and our company’s credit card hasn’t be charged yet from particle, and that means, processing our order hasn’t been done yet? this is crazy.

2 Likes

Hey there @hokutosei

Below is the FAQ section from our most recent email sent to all preorder customers (sent last Tuesday, October 23) that may address your questions. If your card has not already been charged it is very likely that it will be charged in the next 24 - 48 hours. If it has not after that, it may be that we had an issue charging your credit card for some reason.

Happy to answer any questions you might have that aren't addressed by the email below:

Fulfillment timelines, credit cards, and shipping addresses

We want to make sure that you receive your Particle Mesh preorder without a hitch. To that end, please read the following important updates and FAQs about Particle Mesh fulfillment:

Where is my Particle Mesh hardware?
Fulfillment begins this Friday from our third-party logistics provider in the Midwest United States, where the first preorders for Particle Mesh are being packed for delivery. As these initial units begin to ship, the last batch of manufactured Mesh devices are en-route from our contract manufacturer in Shenzhen.

When will my preorder ship?
Particle Mesh preorders will be shipped in the order that they were placed, pending availability of all of the items included in your order. We will start on Friday with a handful of test orders to confirm our fulfillment process and will continue fulfillment of remaining orders in the subsequent weeks. Note that due to high demand for Particle Mesh, it may take several weeks for our logistics provider to ship all preorders, and that we will not ship your preorder until we have all of the items required to fulfill your order.

There’s a problem with my shipping address.
If we were unable to validate your shipping address, you should have already received an email with instructions to update your address. Pending shipment, you can visit support.particle.io to confirm any updates.

There’s a problem with my credit card.
If we are unable to process your credit card payment you should receive an email with instructions on updating your payment information. We will not ship any items before payment. If you have questions, please visit support.particle.io.

1 Like

@will
Thank you for the answer. I don’t think that I have problems for the credit card… It’s a corporate card and not personal… We use this card from paying cloud services to buying hardwares. I checked it last night(+9 jst Tokyo time), but no charge yet. We received your email last week, that you are shipping, I hope you could have included in to your email to whom you are shipping.

Waiting again within this month.

1 Like

I also have not gotten a charge or confirmation email for anything, and also used a corporate card. Should we assume, since we’re already in November, that our shipment will be delayed until sometime this month? If so, can we get some kind of timeline?

People are starting to be charged now with no email confirmation so you may want to check if you have been charged again.

1 Like

Still haven’t been charged, or received an email saying there was an issue with my card. I’ll wait until tomorrow, @will did say 24-48 hours from yesterday. I’ll check back tomorrow and update.

My card has been charged today but there’s no email confirmation or any other indication if my order is shipped or not.

AFAIK your credit cards are getting charged as soon the order can be fullfilled (i.e. the devices are available in the warehouse) and with the charging the shipping process starts (i.e. packaging, labeling, posting, ...) but the actual shipping info will only be sent out once the tracking information becomes available which will be a bit later as the shipping service is a 3rd party that has some lead time too.

See here also

2 Likes

Is there any way to check the order status? I received an email saying I needed to update my cc information 2 days ago, I’ve done that but still haven’t been charged.

I was charged about 3 days ago and haven’t received a shipment notification yet.

Hmm, today is sunday and I doubt Saturdays and Sundays the shipper will do anything.

1 Like

@will can I have someone check on my order status tomorrow? I just received another email about updating my cc information, which I’ve already done and verified, and just checked the balance on the card, which has more than enough to cover the order.

I was charged Thursday of last week. No shipping info yet, but Will did say it could take weeks for the shipper to get the packages out the door due to there being 6000 packages.

I’m personally hoping to see my order shipping Monday.

1 Like