Particle Mesh is shipping: everything you need to know

You live and you learn… I ordered early on but made changes late in the piece which had the effect of dropping me way down on the list. As a consequence my package is likely to arrive shortly after I have gone overseas for a month.

I have made alternative delivery arrangements but there is a finite chance of my package going astray, a loss I cannot afford. All I can do is hope… Had I known I would not have made the changes.

Give Particle credit where it is due. My credit card was debited a few days before I received an invoice by email but such delays are understandable given the number of orders Particle is handling. Many other companies would have debited the card when the order was placed not shortly before delivery is scheduled.

I also have the same no invoice situation. My card was charged a week ago, but no comms from Particle that I didn’t initiate. I also found out I’m near 6000 in numbering, but ordered in the first hours of availability. I changed my order and that pushed me back in the que.
J

@ninjatill @OziGreybeard & @jimbol - Thanks for being patient and understanding. I’m looking into the reason why people who’ve made edits to their order were bumped down. I’ll update this once I know more.

@JumpMaster & @DevRandom - I know we’ve sent lots of email out, but it’s looking like quite a number of people haven’t received them. I know we sent something out a couple weeks ago (late October) saying we were about to start charging cards, etc. You should have gotten the invoice once your card was charged, but it’s looking like a decent amount of people never received that. If you want a copy of that, just submit a ticket here and I’ll get that for you.

1 Like

Question: Do the Boron LTE kits come with Particle SIM cards or do we need to get those separately? I just received my pre-order, the kits state they come with everything needed to get started but, I do not see any SIM cards.

Just wondering if I need to order the SIMs as well.
Thanks!
Nathan

1 Like

@nathanpdaniel, the Boron comes with a Particle eSIM on the board. There is also a nano-SIM socket if you want to use your own 3rd party SIM.

2 Likes

Oh fancy! Thank you for the info! I had no idea (and didn’t catch that in the docs).

1 Like

I wanted to cross-post this here too since there was lots of talk on shipping timelines in this thread too.

3 Likes

I never received an invoice either but I do know that my card was charged and my order date was 2/13. Just wanted to check whether it’s already shipped?

@mnelsoneorm - Hey! I don’t think your order has shipped yet! Most are being queued up with our logistics company today, and like I mentioned before, depending on when your original order was placed, will begin shipping out soon!

My credit card has been charged 10 days ago (my bank sms-ed me).
And I received a paid invoice 6 days ago by email.

I haven’t received any tracking number or shipping update since then.
Do I need to worry?

There can be some time between the payment email and shipping email. Shouldn't be a reason for worry as far as I'm concerned.

2 Likes

@fendytan - Hey! @Moors7 is right, there’s no need to worry about it. If you check out the other thread about Mesh Shipping, I go over all of that. You can see that thread here. Long story short, we needed to charge the cards early to account for any issues with payments, addresses, etc, so they got charged and you should have received an invoice for that.

Based on when you placed your order, you can expect your order to ship out today through the next 10-12 days as we’re going to be shipping around 500 orders a day. I apologize for the delay with things, but if you check out the other thread, you can get a better idea of what was going on.

3 Likes

Hello,

I am working on a product which we are hoping to use particle mesh for. From what I understand most of the pre-orders will be fulfilled in the next few weeks. I was wondering, if I were to purchase a board from the retail store today, is there any way I could get an estimated time that would ship?

Looking forward to working with the boards.

Thank you,
Daniel

It would ship out a few days after the pre-orders finished shipping, so end of november/early december!

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!

When I ordered it said early November - is that still not the case? Any way to tell where we are in the Q?

Will you post when all pre-orders have been filled?

Thanks,
Tim

@tchaffee - It looks like you placed your order through the retail store after the first preorder ended. Your order will go out after the initial preorder run like I mentioned above, at the end of november/early december.

1 Like

Thanks - please keep us posted here if things change. I am eager to get started :slight_smile:

Will do! Also, the other thread I have going Mesh Pre-order Shipping FAQ's has lots of information too, so keep an eye there too.

I received my billing notification last Tuesday and then shipment notification Wednesday and received the order today. 1 Boron, 2 Argons and 3 Xenons. So, they are coming!