Particle-cli 1.19.2 -- Library description mess

After updating CLI to version 1.19.2 I have noticed, that after uploading a library v2 its description in WebIDE is contatenation of the item paragraph and item sentence from library.properties in this order and between them an additional full stop is added, which usually leads to double full stop after paragraph text. More logical would be to put those texts in the reverse order and without additional full stop, or just one of those texts. Maybe, it is not a matter of CLI, but just the WebIDE.

Could you post an example of the issue you are experiencing? From a quick read I still don’t quite understand.

1 Like

For instance, my private library “exponential-filter” has the following description in the WebIDE:

The library calculates a new filtered value from stored previous and currently measured one. It is fully shareable between Particle and Arduino platform.. Library for smoothing a data serie with exponential filtering.

However, sentence and paragraph tags in “library.properties” are:

sentence=Library for smoothing a data serie with exponential filtering.

paragraph=The library calculates a new filtered value from stored previous and currently measured one. It is fully shareable between Particle and Arduino platform.

1 Like

Ah, I get it. Paging @jvanier. Would the cloud repo be a good place for bug reports like this?

I guess yes. I will make an issue in that repo. However, I was not sure, whether the issue was related to WebIDE or Particle CLI.

1 Like