Node Tutorial on Google Cloud Platform

Dear Community,
I’m excited to get started with the Particle Electron logging GPS coordinates and storing them up in the Google Cloud Platform. I have all the integrations connected using this tutorial, https://docs.particle.io/tutorials/integrations/google-cloud-platform/ l and am now getting this error trying to run the script using the instructions here: https://github.com/particle-iot/google-cloud-datastore-tutorial running the script gives me this error:

michael_przekaza_ii@electronmapper-1521735511351:~/google-cloud-datastore-tutorial$ node tutorial.js
Authenticating with Google Cloud…
module.js:540
throw err;
^
Error: Cannot find module 'google-cloud’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:538:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:468:25)
at Module.require (module.js:587:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
at Object. (/home/michael_przekaza_ii/google-cloud-datastore-tutorial/tutorial.js:13:14)
at Module._compile (module.js:643:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:654:10)
at Module.load (module.js:556:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:499:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:491:3)
michael_przekaza_ii@electronmapper-1521735511351:~/google-cloud-datastore-tutorial$

Do you know what a module.js: 540 error is? npm updates have been unsuccessful. I believe I have the correct Setup Configuration. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance. -MP

It looks like you’re missing the dependencies. You need to install them using:

npm install

In the same directory you run the script:

node tutorial.js

Thanks for the reply rickkas, that’s actually what throws the error. I run the node tutorial.js command after I install the dependencies. Same result.

I also ran npm -v, I currently run 5.6.0, is this the current version?

Looks like I’ve been able to solve my npm issue. I have unfortunately run into another issue where the coordinates are being sent to the Particle Cloud but is not being sent to the Google Cloud Platform. Does anyone know how to manually publish thru the Console and have it show up in the GCP?
Events tab is currently not working. Thx