No serial output in Serial Monitor after sleep modes

Hi -

I am having some serial monitor issue in VSCode. After putting device into stay of the sleep modes I am unable to get any serial output on serial monitor.

I have tried various extensions as well as running particle serial monitor --follow from the CLI in VSCode without success. The initial output is printed, the device then sleeps and serial monitor shows the disconnect. It then shows the connect again, but not output.

Below his output from the Serial monitor extension in VSCode.

---- Closed serial port /dev/tty.usbmodem2101 due to disconnection from the machine ----
---- Reopened serial port /dev/tty.usbmodem2101 ----
---- Closed serial port /dev/tty.usbmodem2101 due to disconnection from the machine ----

Below us output from Serial Monitor rand from the CLI.

As you can see, on neither on of these it output anything to Serial Monitor even though --follow was successful. I tried 3rd part serial monitor outside of VSCode as well, the issue.

I am using Mac M1, not sure whether that is relevant.

Regards, Friedl.

Which Particle device and what version of Device OS is running on it?

1 Like

Hi @rickkas7 -

B524 with DeviceOS 5.8.0 (Tried 5.6.0 as well)

Many thanks!

Hi,

sometimes a similar thing happens to me when I am running more than one particle serial monitor --follow from another VS Code or terminal.
Are you?

Hi -

No unfortunately this is not the problem in my case. Only a single window open. :thinking: